Technical Support Engineer, Senior
OnSSI is looking for an experienced Technical Engineer to join the team and help provide application support for our video management software (VMS). This individual would diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help customers with the installation or use of our software programs. Projects may include the use and knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
• Provide software application support over the phone, via email, and remotely using third party remote control software
• Create, handle, maintain, and close cases utilizing Salesforce
• Document issues and solutions
• Escalate and request assistance from others, as needed
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others
• Handle oneself calmly and professionally regardless of the circumstances
• Be punctual, responsible and flexible with hours, and policy changes
Required Skills and Experience:
• Excellent knowledge of network and related concepts
• Good knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
• Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware related problems
• Knowledge of SQL, IIS, Message Queuing
• Preferred previous experience with Ocularis or other VMS software
• Ability to travel to customer sites when needed
• 5+ years of Technical Engineering Experience
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success
Submit your cover letter and resume to HRSD@OnSSI.com
OnSSI (On-Net Surveillance Systems) ranks among the world’s top high-tech companies in the field of video surveillance with Ocularis, its award winning Video Management System (VMS). Ocularis software is used successfully by many Fortune 500 corporations, cities, towns, municipalities, school districts, colleges, universities and federal and local governments, totaling tens of thousands of installations.
OnSSI is located in Blue Hill Plaza in Pearl River, New York just thirty miles northeast of New York City. Site amenities include a fitness center, day care, food court, post office and a convenience store. OnSSI believes in a strong work-life balance and provides a modern work environment with state-of-the-art development tools.